Friday, September 7, 2007

JMeter proxy w/ localhost server

Seems to be some configuration problem. When I'm using JMeter's proxy, it only seems to record responses from non-local servers. For example, google.com and yahoo.com will record results in JMeter, but nothing from localhost seems to be recording.

Possible explainations:
  • JMeter only handles HTTP responses, ie only things from servers running on port 80 (but I have apache2 running on port 80, why doesn't anything record from that?)

5 comments:

Rishi Verma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rishi Verma said...

Soultion: Make sure your browser's proxy settings don't exclude "localhost" or "127.0.0.1". Firefox had excluded these from the proxy for me, so nothing from my local tomcat was getting recorded!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I am trying to do a JMeter proxy with a localhost server, and ran into the same problems as you. Where do I see what my browser's proxy settings are excluding? I want to make sure it is not excluding localhost and "127.0.0.1" etc. I am using Internet Explorer.

jadumani2003 said...

Resolved:
In this scenario, I found the below work around. Assuming you are connected to the internet, do an ipconfig to find the ip address of ur m/c. Then when you record the application on the local host, access it by using the ip address like http://172.18.226.76:1080/Webtours. Now the script should be recorded.

Farhan Yousaf said...

Thanks jadumani,
your post help me a lot to get out from this scenerio. As i have googled a lot to come out of it.
It's realy a very helpfull belog